Why I hate my life

December 1, 2006

The following story, sadly, is not the exception to the rule. It is the rule.

I woke up this morning, and the snow was still coming down and acumulating quickly, but JJC never closes, so, I got in the shower, and proceeded to get ready for my day. I left the house at 7:20 a.m. and headed for the school, avoiding the interstate because all I kept hearing about was the accidents on the freeways. So, 45 minutes later, I pull into the school, to see that the entire parking lot was empty except the occaisional campus police vehicle. I stopped one of them and they told me that the school had been closed. So, I turned around and headed home. I passed Sherwin Williams on the way there and saw that neither of the delivery vehicles had left yet, so I stopped in to say hi to everyone. I left about 15 minutes later and headed home. After leaving there, I was going to detour though a bank parking lot do to a traffic incident and decided to get some cash out. I got my cash and as I was pulling out of the drive up ATM, I turned to soon and kocked the rear quarter panel. I haven’t gotten a chance yet to see if it’s dented or scraped. Continuing on my journey, my car started running reallly rough about 5 miles from home. At the corner I turn at to cross a huge bridge and enter Lockport, my car died. No one stopped to help and in fact, the guy behind me when I died didn’t even offer to help me push it to the side of the road. Fortunetly, my car is so light, I was able to push and steer it myself until it hit a slush bank where it stopped, not as far out of the line of traffic as I would have liked. I sat in it for about 20 minutes hoping it would start again. It would turn over, but it wouldn’t catch. Finally, I decided I’d better head for home.

I got out to start walking and a wonderfully nice guy offered to give me a ride, which I gratefully acceppted. I was wearing boots, but they were in no way warm enough for a 2 mile hike in the slush.

At home, I called a towing company, whom I’m still waiting to hear back from. Then I called my cell phone to find it, since it hadn’t made it out of the house with me this morning. When I found it, there was a voice mail on it from one of my co-workers, telling me that the school had been closed today. The call came at 6:53 a.m. It had to have been when I was in the shower.
As I stated at the beginning, this is the kind of luck I have all the time. Serendipity has made me the butt of her jokes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s